For over 75 years, Audicles has helped families restore their hearing with state-of-the-art technology. We’ve stayed at the forefront of medical research to offer the highest quality sound.
Now, we want to extend that high level of care to our patients, even when they can’t come into the office.
We created Virtual Audicles, a teleaudiology service, which means patients can have a hearing consultation via video calls during COVID-19.
Safety and comfort are the top priorities in our practice, so we’re also offering that service permanently.
In addition, we’re helping patients remotely with the ReSound Smart/Smart 3D app. This is a wonderful tool that allows you to adjust your hearing aids from anywhere. That means your doctor can customize your hearing aid settings without you leaving the comfort of home.
The Assist feature lets us receive information from your device and send updated settings for you to try. ReSound technology is new to many patients, so we’ve compiled some simple tips on how to troubleshoot it.
With our Virtual Audicles visits and ReSound Assist, we can meet your hearing needs no matter where you are. We hope that provides the comfort you deserve. As always, if you have any questions, we’re here to help!
Set Your Phone Up to Connect
- Start by turning your phone on and going to the “Settings” menu.
- From there, select “Bluetooth” and make sure it’s turned on.
- Go back to “Settings” and select “Accessibility.”
- Then scroll down and select “Hearing Devices.”
- If it’s your first time connecting, skip steps 6 and 7 and go to the next section.
- If you’ve connected before, choose your hearing aids under “Hearing Devices.”
- Scroll down and click “Forget this Device” and move on to the next section.
Connect Your Phone With Your Hearing Aids
- Once you’ve chosen “Forget this Device,” or if it’s your first time connecting, turn your hearing aids off.
- Remove the batteries from your hearing aids or place rechargeable aids on the charger.
- Turn your hearing aids back on and replace the batteries or remove them from the charger.
- Go to “Settings” on your phone, click “Hearing Devices,” and wait for your hearing aids to pop up.
- Press the prompt that says “Triple-click the Home button at any time to show hearing device options.”
- Wait for a “Bluetooth Pairing Request.”
- Select “Pair,” and then select it again if you have two hearing aids.
Things to Try if ReSound Still Doesn’t Work
- Turn your phone off and back on.
- Turn Bluetooth off and back on.
- Close and reopen the ReSound App.
- Delete the ReSound App and re-download it.
- Turn “Demo Mode” on and off on the ReSound App under the “More” tab.
- Make sure Bluetooth is allowed in your ReSound App under “Settings.”
- Close all other Apps and then reopen ReSound.
- Perform any software updates your phone recommends.
Receive Assistance Directly to Your Phone
With ReSound Assist, you receive our compassionate care right through your phone. Simply send a description of your hearing issue through the App, and we’ll receive your request and a recording of your current settings. Then we send precise adjustments directly to your App. All you have to do is place your phone and hearing aids close together and click “Install” to update your settings. You can let us know how it’s working with the “Rate My Sound” feature. Or, if you require further assistance, please call us at 210-820-0525 or click here to schedule a Virtual Audicles consultation.
We look forward to perfecting your hearing with ReSound Assist!